Last Updated: September 21, 2020
The health and safety of our athletes, families, staff and fans continues to be a top priority of our organization. The Knights Hockey Organization is working with the GCCC to develop the new guidelines and policies to ensure the safety of all visitors to the rink, including the development of a new Health and Safety Committee.
This page will be your resource for the 2020-21 season for any updates regarding the start of our season, health and safety procedures, and additional resources for our Knights families in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
When Will Our Season Start?
Practices and clinics are set to begin on September 21, 2020 at the GCCC. You should receive communication from your coaches on practice schedules.
We are still waiting for confirmation from USA Hockey, NYSAHA, and New York State governing authorities to allow interleague games to start for the 2020-21 season. If we were to begin participating in games together before we are permitted to do so by the organizations listed above, we risk forfeiting our insurance as well as the Knights losing their charter.
UPDATE - On August 21, 2020 we received information from NYSAHA that they are working in conjunction with USA Hockey to explain to the New York State governing authorities how ice hockey activities may be played in a safe manner with limited exposure to COVID-19 transmission.
According to the Guidance, which applies to all minorage and adult hockey, ice hockey is currently classified as a "Higher Risk Sport", which means at this time that New York State will permit the following ice hockey activities:
• Individual or distanced group training or activities; and
• Organized no/low-contact group training
Not permitted under the State of New York Guidance at this time are:
• Competitive team practices;
• Games, meets, matches, scrimmages (e.g. organized leagues, pick-up sports); and
• Competitive tournaments of multiple games, meets, matches, or scrimmages requiring travel.
This is very exciting news for hockey organizations across our state as it gets us one step closer to starting our 2020-21 season. We will share new information as we receive it and update this page as a reference.
What will this season look like?
We have been working with the GCCC in developing new health and safety guidelines for the upcoming season. This season will look different. But with the cooperation of our Knights families we can continue our mission to provide youth athletes the opportunity to further develop their hockey skills in a safe environment.
We support the GCCC in their efforts to ensure the rink stays open and safe for everyone's use.
For the time being, we are asking families for their support in following the below guidelines for the start of the 2020-21 season for practices at the GCCC:
- Masks will be required at all times inside the GCCC unless on the ice.
- One adult over the age of 18 may accompany players to the rink.
- Practices are low contact at this point according to NYSAHA.
- Players are to bring their own filled water bottle. There is no sharing and the water fountain at the GCCC is not available at this time.
- Players are to come to the rink dressed in all gear with the exception of skates, helmet, and gloves.
- Players are to arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to the beginning of practice and to leave no more than 15 minutes after their practice has ended.
- Players may not change out of their gear inside the rink.
- Players and accompanying adult may not loiter at the rink or in the parking lot before and after practices.
- Payers and accompanying adult must adhere to all other GCCC, County, and State guidelines.
We appreciate your support and understanding with these new guidelines. These are not permanent. We will notify our Knights families as changes are allowed by NYSAHA and the New York State governing authorities.
2020-21 COVID Waiver
Prior to your player participating in his or her first practice or clinic at the GCCC, a COVID-19 Waiver Form must be completed by one parent.
To complete the waiver form, click here.
Registration and Refund Policy for the 2020-21 Season
Registration is open for all Knights teams! A reminder that payment is not due at the time of registration. But by registering your Knight now it will assist us with planning for this season including team placement, ice time, and jersey orders.
REFUND POLICY - Given the uncertainty around the current COVID-19 situation, the Knights Hockey Organization has revamped its refund policies for the 2020-21 season.
In the case that at any time we need to cancel the remainder of the 2020-21 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, meaning there will be no ice time for practices, clinics, or games, we will issue a prorated refund to families. For house teams the refunded amount will also exclude the cost of new jerseys. The refunded amount will be based on the amount of funds that were not used and will not be issued until March of 2021 in the case that we may be able to resume the season.
*All registered Knights will also receive a free swag bag with NEW LOGO branded items including: a t-shirt, brimmed hat, water bottle, tuber mask, and a car decal.
If you have any additional questions about this season, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your patience as we work with various organization at developing a safe and fun eexperience for our Knights families this season.