My my My my

Release Information

Canandaigua Knights Hockey players wishing a release must fill out the online Release Request form.  Requests will be processed and mailed within 72 hours - provided that all CKH fees are paid in full; the individual has no outstanding balance with the team; the team has completed all play for the season (including tournaments, games and practices); and team has no outstanding ice bill with the Knights organization. During periods of peak demand, please be sure to allow for the full 10 days from the date of your request (as allowed by NYSAHA) to receive your release. An original form is required.  Copies (fax included) are not acceptable. 

In accordance with New York State Amateur Hockey Association rules (www.nysaha.com), a Player Release Form is required from any player that did not play for Canandaigua Knights Hockey League during the previous season.

NYSAHA Rule 7.A states:


"Players will be allowed to move from one team (association) to another team (association) at the conclusion of the State Tournament for 10 and under players and at the end of National Tournaments for players 11 and above.


At the conclusion of the respective tournament the player must obtain a release from the association that they are leaving showing they have no financial and/or equipment obligation.


When a player joins a new association and the association and player commit in writing, that commitment to participate is for the next complete season. Until the season ends (after respective tournament) no permission to move will be granted without extenuating circumstances. The request must be submitted to the respective Section Vice President who will MAKE THE DETERMINATION AND present it to the NYSAHA Board of Directors."